চলুন একসাথে মোকাবেলা করি
Information on this site is not intended as medical advice and should not be used as a substitute for consulting with qualified doctor.
Avastin® (bevacizumab) is a tumor-starving (anti-angiogenic) therapy. Avastin is designed to block a protein called vascular endothelial growth factor, or VEGF. Normal cells make VEGF, but some cancer cells make too much VEGF. Blocking VEGF may prevent the growth of new blood vessels, including normal blood vessels and blood vessels that feed tumors.
Unlike chemotherapy that attacks the cancer cells, the purpose of Avastin is to block the blood supply that feeds the tumor. This can stop the tumor from growing.1
In Bangladesh Avastin is approved for the following indications.2
- Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC)
- Locally Recurrent or Metastatic Breast Cancer (mBC)
- Advanced, Metastatic or Recurrent Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- Advanced and/or Metastatic Renal Cell Cancer (mRCC)
- Malignant Glioma (WHO Grade IV) - Glioblastoma
- Epithelial Ovarian, Fallopian Tube and Primary Peritoneal Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
For more disease and medicine related queries you may discuss with your physician.
In Bangladesh Avastin is available as
Vial 400 mg/16 ml
Vial 100 mg/4 ml
1. How is Avastin designed to work? [Internet; cited 2018, November 08]. Retrieved from https://www.avastin.com/patient/mcrc/about/how-avastin-works.html
2. Avastin Product Information _ FE-English Ro 487-6646 _ October 2018