Information on this site is not intended as medical advice and should not be used as a substitute for consulting with qualified doctor.
Gazyva is the first type II, glycoengineered antibody to target cells that have the CD20 marker on their surface. These cells are central to many blood cancers, including common forms of lymphoma and leukemia. Gazyva attacks these cells both directly and together with the body’s immune system.1
In Bangladesh Gazyva is approved for the following indications.2
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- Gazyva in combination with chlorambucil is indicated for the treatment of patients with previously untreated chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Follicular Lymphoma (FL)
- Gazyva in combination with chemotherapy, followed by Gazyva maintenance is indicated for the treatment of patients with previously untreated follicular lymphoma.
- Gazyva in combination with bendamustine, followed by Gazyva maintenance, is indicated for the treatment of patients with FL who did not respond to, or who progressed during or after treatment with rituximab or a rituximab-containing regimen.
For more disease and medicine related queries you may discuss with your physician.
In Bangladesh Gazyva is available as
Vials 1000 mg/40 ml
1. Global Website: Products - Gazyva/Gazyvaro (obinutuzumab; GA101). [Internet; cited 2018, November 11]. Retrieved from https://www.roche.com/products/product-details.htm?productId=e37d39a7-da10-4347-991e-4d15d843a34b
2. Gazyva Product Information _ FE-English Ro 5072759 _ November 2017