Kadcyla (trastuzumab emtansine)
Information on this site is not intended as medical advice and should not be used as a substitute for consulting with qualified doctor.
Kadcyla is an Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC), which combines the HER2-targeting properties of Herceptin (trastuzumab) and the cytotoxic chemotherapy agent DM1. In Kadcyla, trastuzumab and DM1 are joined together using a ‘stable linker’ to deliver DM1 directly to HER2-positive cancer cells.1
Kadcyla is approved as a single agent in the US, EU and many other countries for the treatment of people with HER2-positive advanced breast cancer who previously received Herceptin and taxane chemotherapy, separately or in combination.1
In Bangladesh Kadcyla is approved for the following indications.2
Metastatic Breast Cancer (MBC)
Kadcyla, as a single agent, is indicated for the treatment of patients with HER2-positive, unresectable locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer who have received prior treatment with trastuzumab and a taxane. Early
Breast Cancer (EBC)
Kadcyla, as a single agent, is indicated for the adjuvant treatment of patients with HER2- positive early breast cancer who have residual disease after pre-operative systemic treatment.
For more disease and medicine related queries you may discuss with your physician.
In Bangladesh Kadcyla is available as
Vials 100 mg
Vials 160 mg
Be sure to contact your doctor if you:
Are a woman who could become pregnant, or may be pregnant
- If a patient becomes pregnant while receiving Kadcyla, or within 7 months following the last dose of Kadcyla, please immediately report pregnancy to the local RocheAdverse Event Line at
+8801766686086 and/ or
- Additional information will be requested during a Kadcyla-exposed pregnancy and the first year of the infant’s life. This will enable Roche to better understand the safety of Kadcyla and to provide appropriate information to health authorities, healthcare providers, and patients
- For additional information, please refer to Kadcyla Product Information
Winning the battle against breast cancer
1. Global Website: Products – Kadcyla. [Internet; cited 2018, November 08]. Retrieved from https://www.roche.com/products/product-details.htm?productId=64b71dad-d4bc-470a-8307-e56de10428ed
2. Kadcyla Product Information _ FE-English Ro – 053040 _ January 2019