Information on this site is not intended as medical advice and should not be used as a substitute for consulting with qualified doctor.
MabThera is the first therapeutic monoclonal antibody to target cells that have the CD20 marker on their surface. These cells are central to many blood cancers, including common forms of lymphoma and leukaemia. MabThera attacks these cells both directly and together with the body’s immune system.1
In Bangladesh MabThera is approved for the following indications.2
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
MabThera IV/SC is indicated for the treatment of:
- patients with relapsed or chemoresistant low-grade or follicular, CD20-positive, B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma;
- previously untreated patients with Stage 3-4 follicular lymphoma in combination with chemotherapy;
- patients with follicular lymphoma as maintenance treatment, after response to induction therapy;
- patients with CD20-positive diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in combination with CHOP (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisone) chemotherapy.
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- MabThera IV in combination with chemotherapy is indicated for the treatment of patients with previously untreated and relapsed/refractory chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL).
For more disease and medicine related queries you may discuss with your physician.
In Bangladesh MabThera is available as
- Vial of 100 mg/10 ml
- Vial of 500 mg/50 ml
- Vial of 1400 mg/11.7 ml
1. Global Website: Products - MabThera®/Rituxan® (rituximab). [Internet; cited 2018, November 08]. Retrieved from https://www.roche.com/products/product-details.htm?productId=b0eb216f-addf-4ed1-b01e-0b12fe0b1ef6
2. MabThera Product Information _ FE-English Ro 45-2294 _ July 2016