Information on this site is not intended as medical advice and should not be used as a substitute for consulting with qualified doctor.
MabThera is the first therapeutic monoclonal antibody to target cells that have the CD20 marker on their surface. These cells are central to many blood cancers, including common forms of lymphoma and leukaemia. MabThera attacks these cells both directly and together with the body’s immune system.1
In Bangladesh MabThera is approved for the following indications.2
MabThera IV/SC is indicated for the treatment of:
- adult patients with relapsed or chemoresistant low-grade or follicular, CD20-positive, B cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- previously untreated adult patients with stage III-IV follicular lymphoma in combination with chemotherapy.
- adult patients with follicular lymphoma as maintenance treatment, after response to induction therapy.
- adult patients with CD20-positive diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in combination with CHOP (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisone) chemotherapy.
MabThera IV in combination with chemotherapy is indicated for the treatment of:
- Pediatric patients (aged ≥ 6 months to < 18 years old) with previously untreated advanced stage CD20 positive diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), Burkitt lymphoma (BL)/Burkitt leukemia (mature B-cell acute leukaemia) (BAL) or Burkitt-like lymphoma (BLL).
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia
MabThera IV/SC in combination with chemotherapy is indicated for the treatment of patients with previously untreated and relapsed/refractory chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) .
For more disease and medicine related queries you may discuss with your physician.
In Bangladesh MabThera is available as
- Vial of 100 mg/10 ml
- Vial of 500 mg/50 ml
- Vial of 1400 mg/11.7 ml
1. Global Website: Products - MabThera®/Rituxan® (rituximab). [Internet; cited 2018, November 08]. Retrieved from https://www.roche.com/products/product-details.htm?productId=b0eb216f-addf-4ed1-b01e-0b12fe0b1ef6