Information on this site is not intended as medical advice and should not be used as a substitute for consulting with qualified doctor.
Perjeta is a medicine that targets the HER2 receptor, which is designed specifically to prevent the HER2 receptor from pairing with other HER receptors on the surface of cancer cells. Binding of Perjeta to HER2 may also signal the body’s immune system to destroy the cancer cells. The mechanisms of action of Perjeta and Herceptin (trastuzumab) are believed to complement each other and provide a more comprehensive dual blockade of HER signaling pathways, thus preventing tumor cell growth and survival.1
In Bangladesh Perjeta is approved for the following indications.2
Metastatic Breast Cancer
Perjeta is indicated in combination with Herceptin and docetaxel for patients with HER2-positive metastatic or locally recurrent unresectable breast cancer, who have not received previous anti-HER2 therapy or chemotherapy for their metastatic disease
Early Breast Cancer
Perjeta is indicated in combination with Herceptin and chemotherapy for the:
- neoadjuvant treatment of patients with HER2-positive, locally advanced, inflammatory, or early stage breast cancer (either >2 cm in diameter or node positive) as part of a complete treatment regimen for early breast cancer (see Dosage and Administration and Clinical Studies).
- adjuvant treatment of patients with HER2-positive early breast cancer at high risk of recurrence (see 3.1.2 Clinical Studies)
For more disease and medicine related queries you may discuss with your physician.
In Bangladesh Perjeta is available as
Vials 420 mg/14 ml
Be sure to contact your doctor if you:
Are a woman who could become pregnant, or may be pregnant
- If a patient becomes pregnant while receiving PERJETA and Herceptin, or within 7 months following the last dose of PERJETA and Herceptin, please immediately report pregnancy to the local Roche Adverse Event Line at
+8801766686086 and/ or
- Additional information will be requested during a PERJETA and Herceptin-exposed pregnancy and the first year of the infant’s life. This will enable Roche to better understand the safety of PERJETA and Herceptin and to provide appropriate information to health authorities, healthcare providers, and patients
- For additional information, please refer to PERJETA Product Information and Herceptin Product Information
Winning the battle against breast cancer
1. Global Website: Products – Perjeta. [Internet; cited 2018, November 08]. Retrieved from https://www.roche.com/products/product-details.htm?productId=8197b6d7-c981-4418-aafa-e50356ea0f36