Information on this site is not intended as medical advice and should not be used as a substitute for consulting with qualified doctor.
ACTEMRA/ RoACTEMRA is the first humanized IL-6 receptor-inhibiting monoclonal antibody approved for the treatment of adult patients with moderately to severely active Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who have had an inadequate response to one or more disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs).1
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease estimated to affect 70+ million people worldwide, including children. Joints become chronically inflamed, painful and swollen, and patients can become increasingly disabled as cartilage and bone is damaged.1
In Bangladesh Actemra is approved for the following indications.2
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) [IV and SC formulations]
- Giant Cell Arteritis (GCA) [SC formulation only]
- Polyarticular Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (pJIA) [IV and SC formulations]
- Systemic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (sJIA)
For more disease and medicine related queries you may discuss with your physician.
In Bangladesh Actemra is available as
- Vials 80 mg/4 ml
- Vials 200 mg/10 ml
- Pre-filled syringes 162 mg/0.9 ml
1. Global Website: Investors. FDA approves expanded indication for ACTEMRA in Rheumatoid Arthritis. (2012, October 15). [Internet; cited 2018, November 25]. Retrieved from https://www.roche.com/investors/updates/inv-update-2012-10-15.htm
2. Actemra Product Information FE-REG/English Ro 4877533_ March 2018